Main deck that got me to champion this season.
Probably a Tier 2 deck but can do REALLY well up to high mythic. Got through mythic ladder on a >70% win rate (~W60 L20), ending on a 13 win streak.
Has a reasonable-to-good match against a variety of decks:
- solid early defensive game for aggro: many speedbumps to trade while feeding coliseum
- lots of card draw (mainly via rebels generation) to sustain a longer game against midrange and control
- crucial graveyard removal in Ghul for Disk/spirits/JoS
- some removal for big threats (passenger, mutton, scion)
Of course, it can still get rushed down (no healing!) or eventually out-valued (control is the hardest matchup) but no match is hopeless.
It is not the simplest deck to pilot though:
- early game is mostly rebels, if hand allows. Usually, you want to try to squeeze as much value out of them, by pumping each other or by generating card on drop and trading
- from the opening hand, plan a couple of turns ahead, paying attention to gem cost (e.g., on turn 3 you may need 2 purple for moonblade or 2 orange to drop 2 rebels)
- it is often valuable not to burn agitator early because of the additional card it provides: remember that generated rebels (always purple) burn for mana
- don't play minions in early turns if you expect to lose them right away without trading (e.g., brawler turn 1 as a 2/2 with no buff in your hand)
- learning when to bolster vs. playing one more minion is also important.
- mid to late game you try to flood the board (not into misantrophia!) while keeping trades and outvaluing the opponent with an endless stream of cards
- hook after nerf is not nearly as strong as it used to be (it is actually balanced now) but it is still a nice perk out of moonblade, a reasonably stat'd rebel.
Overall, a very solid deck in my favorite archetype (midrange). Hope it can serve you well!